SAC Meeting November 20, 2019
In attendance: Trevor MacIsaac, Kathleen MacAdam, Rochelle MacKenzie, Angela Bray and Amanda MacDonald.
Regrets: Flo Delaney, Justin Gregg, Margaret Cameron.
- Two new permanent teacher assistants (Jillian Chisholm and Colleen Morrison).
- New librarian, Katherine Muise (0.5 position).
- Treaty Education (Mi’Kmaw and Indigenous), National program rolling out right away in grades primary, one and two. Will eventually expand into every grade.
- Focus personal development guiding reading for all ages (balanced literacy).
- Music Program Wish List recorders for grades 4, 5 and 6 and new program materials for all grades (Primary to six). Mr. MacIssac also spoke to Cathy Langille regarding getting an Africian Drum for our school. He is still waiting to hear back from her.
- Christmas lights School lighting December 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. Need volunteers to put the outside light up. Amanda will get the hot chocolate and cups at Costco and the candy canes (peanut free) at Sobeys. Kathleen will order 200 sugar cookies from CACL to be picked up the morning of December 6th. (Ask to have at least half of the cookies to be decorated). Santa Mr. MacIsaac will check with Duncan Smith.
- Christmas Concert Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. (snow date - December 18, 2019)
- Christmas Shopping Thursday, December 19, 2019 (donations needed, gifts, wrapping paper, gift bags, tape, etc.)
- Pancake breakfast, PJ day and movie Friday, December 20, 2019. Need parent volunteers for pancake breakfast.
- Breakfast Program HM MacDonald received a $500.00 donation from Bonvie MacDonald Rinks to Links organization.
- Playground update: They will break ground this spring (2020).
Next SAC meeting: January 15, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.